Aug 10, 2010

Life is Beachy

Forget the peaches, give me beaches!

As any woman would, I had my fair share of browsing girly wedding reception locations. The only difference was that I was doing it for work. My friend Jelly B and I had countless conversations about our dream weddings, and although beach weddings aren't on the top of my dream list, I began to see, today, how easy it was for young brides to want to get married on a patch of sand.

Even though beaches pose no valuable sentiments for me or my darling lover, I must admit it would make a picturesque memory for us and everyone else who attend the wedding. It sure beats the traditional, typical, hotel ballroom everyone in Kuala Lumpur is accustomed to.

But more than ever, it wasn't the biological female clock that was ticking; rather my own hunger for the sun and the sea. No, scrap the sea. Just give me the sun and the sand.

Anyway I found myself fanning through expensive resorts on Langkawi Island, daydreaming in between my article, and copy-pasting every darn detail to my darling lover on Windows Live. If he wasn't there I traced him to gTalk.

I now realise it's been almost 3 years since I last went to a beach. The last shot of beach escapade I had was at Singapore's Zoukout, three years ago - and of course I was not there for the beach. I was lovin' a good party!

Unfortunately as time does not wait for man, and evidently women like me, I have grown up. In size mostly, and am too embarrassed to flaunt my new curves to the a) hot young happening beachies , b) over-tanned fat old beached whales. I am most likely the only one in my group of girls who hasn't gone to a beach in so long, and that makes me sad.

Mid-year resolution 2010 - Go to a beach.

Ideally, I'd like to go to Tanjung Rhu in Langkawi, because I absolutely love its Lagoon pool, which let me add I have requested my boyfriend make for me if we ever get married and have a compound large enough to accommodate my little fake beach.


No comments: